Thursday, August 03, 2006

Continental Shift

Well, it’s finally happening.

More than six months after the original job offer (I originally blogged about it here, on 13th January), I am FINALLY leaving. Tomorrow is my last day in this job.

I know I said in the original blog that they were trying to organise a gradual moving away from this job, but quite frankly I never anticipated it’d be quite … this … gradual. I have seen continents shift faster than this process has been.

In fact, the interview panel I have been on over the past few days is actually for my current position, which feels sort of weird. At least I know the subject matter, I guess.

I expect I should feel nervous or something. Mostly I am just relieved. And dreading the inevitable calls for me to come back over here and help out – they aren’t likely to have a replacement doing my old job for a month, I’d say. I feel sorry for one of my colleagues, who is probably going to get dumped with most of my work as well as her own. It makes me feel guilty.

On the bright side I’ve had some very nice feedback from management as part of the exit process, about how awesome I am and how they hate to lose me but understand why I am leaving, blah blah blah. Some of it was so glowing I felt a bit uncomfortable; I am sure I squirmed like a little kid in my chair.

I wonder if I will receive a novelty size farewell card? Or if there will be a farewell morning tea or something? If there is, I hope I don’t cry. My previous supervisor cried when they had a surprise morning tea for her on her departure. I had to go and fetch tissues.

Wish me luck.

Comments:
I got the novelty sized farewell card at a branch briefing. There was no food to be seen, though.

D'oh.
 
And no pressie either. Three years meets all standard pressie criterion!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?