Friday, January 13, 2006

They're Pitching Woo!

"And they're wooing me! They're pitching woo!" - Willow, BtVS (Bad Girls)

I've had a few job offers over the past few months. I am doing a finance position, and I've had offers to come to other areas to do their financial management, asseting, auditing, and even contracting. None of them have involved a pay rise, just a transfer at the same pay rate, so because I am happy where I am working now I've always said no.

But I had a phone call on Wednesday with a new version of the same offer (ie transfer at level), and I think this time I am going to take it. It's in an area where I'd be the assistant to people who manage budgets at an organisation level, basically understudying them with the understanding that when any of them go on leave I could temporarily fill their positions (which is the part where there'd be more money!). It also means that when any of them leave I'd be in a very good position to apply for their job because I'd already have the skills.

It's a good offer, and the best part is that because it's a transfer at level I don't have to do an interview or anything! :)

The only thing is that the people making the offer don't want to offend the people I work for now, so they are trying to negotate some sort of gradual moving away from this job (I don't want to sound like I am blowing wind up my butt but if I just dropped everything and left there's no one that could do my job). That means I could end up being here two or three days a week, and there for the rest.

I am also happy to do that - I am a change averse sort of person so the gradual thing appeals to my turtle-like nature - but it might be a bit hard if I end up getting stuck with the work of two full time jobs.

It'll be interesting...


Oh, and while I am at it, what is it with men that drive big black V8 cars with spoilers on the back thinking that they own the road and that road rage is an acceptable part of driving? Like indicating? Or - here's a thought - speed limits?!

Nuff said.

Comments:
You go you. Cass. You are a shining person of skill and decency and intelligence in a civil service noticeably lacking of those qualities.

You go girl.

PS that dude who tail gated you is an f_wit who should be shown lifesized cutouts of M_ to remind them that messing with Cass is a bad thing.

I am happy to wear a skivvy with the word "HENCHMAN" emblazened on it behind him if need be.
 
LOL - it may take some work. How exactly do you befriend a badly shaved maternally outraged gorilla?
 
I could have a whole squad of goons! I do like the life-size cut out thing. Though it's probably just as well M wasn't with me, or things might have gone a lot worse..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?