Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Venue - a hotel where we can get married at the same place
Celebrant - and we've done a draft of the ceremony
Cars - one limo, one other
Dress - mine, ordered (I'd link it but can't risk that M. will look here)
Honeymoon - booked. Daydream Island, aww yeah!
Photographer - using Fusion Photography. He's good but awfully expensive. But you get what you pay for and I do NO T want shit photos.
Things I'm currently looking at:
Bridesmaids' dresses - we've looked but haven't yet found one. The colour of choice is likely to be wine red.
Hairstyle - have a few ideas
Shoes - ditto
Bridal registry - I've had the Myer bridal registry package posted out and we'll probably go with them 'cause they are interstate
Wedding rings - started browsing
Flowers - I have some ideas but can't go any further till we have the dresses
But the list of things to do is quite daunting:
Accessories, groom's gear, cake, Bonbonerie (I never even knew what that was till I got engaged, I called them "the little present things on the tables"), invitations, seating plans, menus, eek!
I don't think I can realistically get started on it any sooner though.
The engagement party went well. We had spit roast, which was delicious, and lots of friends and family showed up. The only thing that was a bit of a shame (though inevitable) was that I spent so much time running around doing stuff I didn't really get to sit and enjoy myself. Two or three times I was handed a can of something alcoholic and managed not to even get as far as opening it! Whoops! :S
I got tagged by Mikey to name my five favourite quotes. This is hard for me because I have a very bad memory for that sort of thing and so must try and remember and then look stuff up (and decide between a number of cool quotes from the one source). But I'll give it a shot.
1. "For instance, assuming that there is a heaven, who would ever want to go there? Ya know? I mean think about it; it's cool, you're sitting there up on this cloud. It's nice, it's quiet. There's no teachers, there's no parents... but guess what... there's nothing to do! It's fucking boring!" - Happy Harry Hard On, Pump Up the Volume (My all time favourite teen movie - see more cool quotes here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100436/quotes)
2. "Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight ... or if he bothers me … or if there's a woman ... or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?" - Jayne, Serenity (Trying to pick one quote from that movie is hard, so I just went for one that was funny AND internally consistent! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/quotes)
3. "Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping. Waiting. And though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir, open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us. Passion rules us all. And we obey. What other choice do we have?" - Angelus, Buffy: the Vampire Slayer (All time favourite Buffy quote - he was the best bad guy. http://www.twiztv.com/scripts/buffy/season2/buffy-217.htm)
4. "Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?" - Homer Simpson, The Simpsons (Again, how can you pick just one Simpsons quote? This one gets used a lot around our house so I picked it, but any Ralph Wiggam quote would also do! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096697/quotes)
5. "Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises! Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending! Death! Death! Death!" - Theoden, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (That speech always gives me goosebumps when I watch that movie. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167260/quotes)
I tag Cthu1hu and Capital_Mum.
Haha, revenge is mine!