Monday, March 27, 2006

Woo Update

I mentioned a while back that I'd been offered a transfer into a section which has more upward mobility prospects than than the one I am in now.

Things have slowly progressed, and I'm at the point where as of next week I am going over there for six weeks. For the last five of those six weeks, I will be filling in for someone while they are on leave, with the commensurate increase in pay.

My boss here has said she's only happy for me to go for the six weeks at first because that way I can come back here and decide whether I was happy there before making the decision to move permanently. It's probably not a bad idea, though I suspect that she's more hoping that my change-averse nature kicks in and I decide I hate it based on that alone so that I don't actually leave...

My biggest worry is that there is, as I predicted, no one to fill in for most of my work over here. So I probably will end up doing one and a half jobs (maybe one and three quarters) and it's going to be really stressful! :(

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?