Monday, November 06, 2006

Trashy Tabloid Headlines

Don't look now, but I think the ACT Liberal party might also write headlines for the Daily Telegraph or one of its brethren.

Here are some pearlers from their website.

"Ebenezer Stanhope?"
"Stanhope Government Celebrates World Teachers' Day By Abusing Teachers"
"Stanhope Government Savages Sports Grants"
"Tharwa: Canberra's Orphan Child"
"Waiting Lists Up Again; What Are You Doing, Minister?"
"Whose Rights Are At Work - Not ACT Voters"
"Stanhope Trying to Demonize [sic] Christian Lobby on Same Sex Relationship Law"
"A Tale of Two Governments - What a Difference In Economic Management!"
"Has Grassland Earless Dragon Left Land Swap Legless?"
"Weston Creek Being Burnt Again!"

And, my absolute favourite:

"Tidings of Murder: Minister Declares Open Season On Magpies"

ZOMG!

I was trying to find out what the ACT Liberal party policy is with regards to the closure of schools in the ACT (given they closed schools in 1990 - sniffing around for the scent of hypocrisy that good ol Gary accused the Labor party of), but I have to admit, if it's there, I couldn't get past the cheesy headlines enough to find it!

Comments:
I looked and looked for "Stanhope sexes midgit chicken" - but I couldn't find it!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?