Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Old Lady Moment

So yesterday I fell over in the kitchen.

Our tiled areas have this lovely white tiling that looks great when it’s just been swept two seconds before, but has the disadvantages of showing up every speck of dirt and of being perilously slippery when wet. Or even damp, or the memory of damp.

As I demonstrated yesterday. Landed on my right hand side; the back of my right thigh feels like one huge bruise. It’s in the exact right position so that if I sit down on the toilet the seat runs neatly across the length of the entire pain area.

On the bright side, I was holding a steak knife and fork in my hand when I fell, so it could’ve been a hell of a lot worse.

I can see how elderly people with brittle bones can manage to shatter themselves pulling stunts like that. And given how clumsy I can be, maybe I ought to start saving for that walking frame now...

Comments:
Ouch man.

I HATE falling over. Makes me feel like such a klutz.
 
Exactly. :(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?