Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Weekend Shopping

I went shopping on the weekend after discovering that my 5½ year old lawnmower had bitten the dust and gone to the big toolshed in the sky. After Mikey waxed lyrical about it, M. and I considered and finally bought an electric lawnmower called the Enviromower. We went to Bunnings planning to ask advice from the staff there on what to get (I was concerned about how long the battery would hold a charge), and when we arrived the salesman was talking to an elderly couple about that exact topic. By the time he was done with them we’d pretty much made up our minds!

So I used it on Sunday to mow the lawn for the first time in ages, and I liked how lightweight and easy to start it was. How it goes in the long run remains to be seen.

I also got the first DVD of season two of Creature Comforts, an adorable British claymation (is that the term?) series where they have interviewed people on the street and then animated the interviews as animals. Clever, funny and cute – watched it yesterday while I was home sick (and half-stoned on painkillers) and it made me giggle.

I also tried to buy the Labyrinth DVD but there was some sort of conspiracy going on. Both Ezy DVD and JB Hifi swore they had copies in stock, but couldn’t find them. At least JB had only misplaced one copy – Ezy DVD had lost 20. Sheesh!

Comments:
You're missing a dot in your enviromower link.
 
Fixed...
 
Hooray for enviromower!

I love the fact that there's no fucking ripcoard...
 
My old Victa had a ripcord but I never really had trouble starting it. Till it died a hideous choking death, that is...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?