Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sir Rhapsodie Likes Her Sleep

After Cthu1hu kept raving about it, I created account on the dinky little web-based game called Cities. I called my character Rhapsodie.

She’s now Sir Rhapsodie (I got knighted), an initiate of the four elemental temples. Her other achievements are that she can swim and do first aid. :P

I think I’ve come unstuck though. I started doing a quest called Time and Space, which gives you the ability to know where you are so you can later do other quests without getting hopelessly lost. Cthu1hu assures me it’s a good thing to do.

The problem is that it requires you to find these four little shrine thingies and worship at a thematically appropriate time of day. And because the game times are British, the “night shrine” (the only one I’ve found so far) requires me to click on a button between 5 and 6 am Canberra time! :O

I only know such a time even exists from vague childhood recollections (I almost wrote “relocations”, haha – but also true) of long car trips at Christmas to see the grandparents. And I subscribe to the theory that morning only exists to keep night and afternoon from bumping into one another.

So it doesn’t look good for poor Sir Rhapsodie at this stage.

Unless… M. and I have next week off work. Maybe I can push through to 5am playing WoW one day! :D

Comments:
Boo early morning boo!

hisssssss

The only good time to see it is if you stayed up alllllll night first.

Word veri = stikeoqk

That's got a PC name written all over it.
 
Only one of yours, Mikey.

Only one of yours.
 
Mikey = Stikeoqk cracks onto Cass's character. What happens?

Cass = I go for his balls.

GM = Called shot -6. If you hit he has to make a Fort save or suffers a -2 pain modifier for D10 hours and is stunned for D6 rounds.

Mikey = D'oh!
 
Well, I'm glad you at least gave it a go, Cass - not every nerdy game is for every person :)
 
It's not that I don't WANT to play it, just that I can't get past the quest I am on. :(
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?