Friday, June 09, 2006

Toilet Literature

Recently whilst in another building at work I had call to visit the ladies room. This wouldn't be worth blogging about in and of itself, but there was a little poem on the back of the toilet that read as follows:

"If it's not clean
After you've been
Please use the brush
Then give it a flush"

The third line was in a font twice the size of everything else.

Anyway, this reminded me of another half-baked attempt at a poem with similar effect, which runs as follows:

"If you do number twos
Please use the brush provided
And CLEAN THE LOO"

So this got me to thinking about toilet literature - the stuff that is officially sanctioned by the toilet owner, rather than just graffiti. For example, the toilets closest to my workplace have emergency evacuation (haha!) instructions for if there is a fire. They are two years out of date, mind you...

And I know TechnoHorror was telling myself and Mikey about the website reading material he takes into his favourite toilet at work, leaving it in a holder on the back of the door for others to contemplate.

Anyone else have any other examples of toilet literature?

Comments:
Yes, I can see that... :|
 
The toilets in my old uni were covered in graffiti. Most of it 'suck me' variety but some actually amusing.

Of course they always wrote 'Arts Degree please take one' on the toilet paper.

Grrr.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?