Friday, May 12, 2006

Poker Machine

I didn't listen to the budget reply speech last night (or even the original budget), on account of World of Warcraft commitments. ;)

But I did hear a sound bite on AM this morning that made me laugh:

KIM BEAZLEY: This Treasurer's like a poker machine: you put in, you pull the arm... nothing; you put in again, another pull... nothing. Time after time... nothing.

(sound of applause)

SPEAKER: Order.

KIM BEAZLEY: And then, at last, the lights flash, the bells ring, crowds gather round. "Jackpot!" the Treasurer crows. ... Ten bucks. That's the drop. Ten bucks!


Beautiful!

Comments:
He's an orator that's for sure.

Of course it is annoying that ALP state governments (the party of which I am a member) have embraced pokies for state revenue.

Pokies are evil man. EVIL!
 
They are.

My grandmother has a poker machine moneybox that my parents got her from Vegas. :|
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?