Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Turning Old...

Today is my birthday. And not just any birthday, but my 30th. :(

I had a good weekend though, and guess what M. and my awesome friends got me? A Wacom tablet! Whee!! I am planning to spend the afternoon figuring out how to work it! Expect to see some half assed attempts coming soon!

I also got a new fridge. That was a present from the fine folks at Visa (who I have to pay back), because the old one wasn't working anymore. I couldn't really afford it, but it had to be done, I guess. Sigh.

Next two big purchases will be a new monitor, and a new digital camera. I went to a medieval wedding last weekend and I got some great photos, composition-wise, but because I had to have the camera on full zoom to get them, they are slightly pixelated. It made me really cranky, so I am going to have to just give in to the inevitable. M. is recommending a Canon digital SLR - it'll probably have to be second hand, though. Stupid fridge!

Comments:
You also got birthday chikkin!

Seriously though, how does being 30 make you feel? Is it as much of a milestone as you thought it would be or kind of an anti-climax? I am expecting that for me at least, 40 is the new 30 and I might have all those feelings that our parents had when they turned 30. Perhaps I will have a 'wake' party, or will 'shildish' hobbies like roleplaying keep me young?
 
I did get birthday chikkin! :D

I have been told that 30s are the new 20s, so I guess that 40 being the new 30 would make sense.

As far as how it feels... the day itself was kind of mellow, but the idea of being 30 is sort of surreal. Every time I think of it, it spins me out.
 
... I don't know. Whatever's available second hand or not too expensive but is still good?

I am not a camera expert. I'd like to be though! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?