Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Love Song Dedications for Lil Johnny

It's the 10th anniversary of Lil Johnny (long may he rule us) coming to power, and on the local ABC AM radio station, 666, played a song that they said was a dedication request to him, by someone called P. Costello. The song was "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds:

Don't you forget about me
Don't don't don't don't
Don't you forget about me

Will you stand above me?
Look my way, never love me
Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling
Down, down, down

Will you recognise me?
Call my name or walk on by
Rain keeps falling, rain keeps falling
Down, down, down, down


By strange coincidence, I was thinking not too long before they played this that the song from the Australian voters to John Howard is "Better the Devil You Know" by Kylie Minogue:

I'll forgive and forget
If you say you'll never go
'Cos it's true what they say
It's better the devil you know

Our love wasn't perfect I know
I think I know the score
If you say you love me, oh boy
I can't ask for more
I'll come if you should call

I'll be here every day
Waiting for your love to show
Yes it's true what they say
It's better the devil you know


Now I am even more depressed - ten years combined with early Kylie pop in my head. So I thought I would share the pain with everyone else! :)

Comments:
For shame. How could you even suspect that Peter was not loyal.

Though I did see him in 'The King of Knives' buying 'every damn knife because one of them has to be able to kill him.'

Perhaps he was referring to a troublesome rodent?
 
I am positive that he was! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?