Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Well, Here I Am...

Morton told me last week I never update my blog anymore. *Jubal Early voice* Well, here I am ...

Being home from work during the week is far less fun when you have a cold. The coughing, the runny nose (went through an entire box of tissues in less than 48 hours), the back and head pain... blah. Hate it. But I am back at work now, still coughing a bit but nowhere as bad as I was last week. Seems that since the bout of pneumonia, I am more susceptible to lung stuff. How is that fair?

Not much other news. Work is work. My main character on World of Warcraft, the Night Elf Druid (shape changer), is level 38 and I am desperately trying to get the gold together so that when I hit 40 I can buy a mount (night elves get these really cool overgrown white sabre tooth cats). There are websites where you can actually buy (IRL) gold (in the game) - Morton did that for me and M when we first started playing, bless his socks! But I don't really want to do that.

My friends would mock me if I did. :|

I think my sister has decided she's less interested in roleplaying - she doesn't like supernatural movies and stuff very much. Not sure if they scare her or what it is, but when I told her the game we play is vampires, she cringed. Maybe it's just the geek factor putting her off! ;) I think if she did take up roleplaying it'd have to be a D20 Modern style thing - more real world. That's the sort of stuff she prefers.

We were going to go to the Canberra Show last weekend, but what with the sick and the expensive, we didn't end up doing it. Am a bit jealous of Capital Mum's cool flourescent hair extensions, which she got there, but I can live! :)

Latest Photoshop effort:


(Larger version here.)

Comments:
I think that woman probed my anus with some sort of a device.

Or did I dream it?

Level 38 eh? Noice work man. Non gamers will never understand the buzz that levelling up gives. Especially when you get a kewl f_ck off cat that can bite someone's face off.

You should call it kukmhxa. After my word veri I am just about to load.
 
The mounts in WoW are a speed increase and coolness factor item only - I don't think they do anything combat-wise. But given that the most tedious thing about this game is running from one place to another, a speed increase is not to be sneezed at!

If you want a cat who can bite someone's face off, you need to be a Hunter (imagine Ranger) class type. They can tame pets.

My word verification is "kiface", which is a much more pronouncable name.
 
2g for a stack of wool?! I have been getting about 1g for silk. But I think that different server realms have different economies too...

I got the money together, sort of. I had about 72g (needed about 95) and a couple of people in my guild gave me the rest. Aw! :)

I got a spotted frost sabre (thing big white sabre tooth leopard) for my mount.

Now I need to save up the 900g for the better mount! ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?