Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Update

I can't believe it's been almost 3 weeks (more?) since I posted on this thing. A lot of that is the fault of work - it's been crazy-busy lately - and most of the rest is the fault of World of Warcraft. The Camarilla (live action roleplaying club) and a small amount of Photoshop (I have only done one pic) are most of the rest.

I agree with TechnoHorror - there'd be much more time to do stuff I like if it weren't for work. *sniffles*

Here's a dot point list of recent events:

Australia Day: It was M's birthday on Australia Day (that's 26th January for you non-Aussies). He got a public holiday. Inkling and TechnoHorror were kind enough to host a BBQ for lunch because we don't own one. It was tops - public holiday, sunshine, food, the Hottest 100 and yummy Transformers cake. I got M some sheepskin carseat covers for his car, as well as a Lego Ferrari. Got many brownie points for the latter, slightly less but still approval of the former! :)

Cancon: We had a nerd-fest roleplaying convention on the long weekend after Australia Day (which was a public holiday). I went to three different Camarilla sessions, one each day. M. actually ran all three so he was buggered by the end of it.

I did buy the "Serenity" RPG book while I was there, which brings me to my next point...

Serenity RPG: A very interesting read, and now I am thinking of running a game for my friends. I've got six people expressing an interest to play, with varying amounts of enthusiasm. (One person has already done multiple sheets, I'm told!) I am a bit intimidated by the idea of running a game because it's been almost 10 years since I last ran tabletop (and about 3 since I ran LARP). Anyone who isn't Mikey, Inkling or TechnoHorror who has ideas for cool plots should let me know! :)

World of Warcraft: Last weekend we played World of Warcraft all weekend. *blush* Damn addictive game! My characters are:

Server - Windrunner
Character - Tauren Hunter "Nightpelt", level 14 (I think)

Server - Proudmoore
Character - Night Elf Druid "Swiftspring", level 28
Character - Gnome Warrior "Cynnamon", level 15

Job stuff: As far as the new job offer goes, the current boss and the boss of the area that want to steal me have agreed that I can go over there for six weeks to fill a higher level position, and that before that, for an unspecified amount of time there will be a "transition period". Don't know what that will involve. As far as moving over there permanently, the boss here hasn't agreed to that yet. He thinks I should hold out for them to offer me more money (as opposed to the same money). Unfortunately, he can actually block me from moving over there if it's the same money, and I don't want to burn my bridges... :( I will have to just wait and see.

On the bright side I made a joke to him about the guys here offering me more money to stay, and his response was, "It's not out of the realms of possibility." That'd be sweet! :)

Work itself has been crappy. Very busy, lots of stress because of jobs where I have a deadline set by others, but need info from others who seem to think that deadlines are flexible.

Photoshop: My muse may not have left me but she's certainly on go-slow mode, sitting in the sun on a beach somewhere and drinking cocktails with umbrellas in them. I am getting frustrated at the limitations using a mouse inflicts on me as far as digital painting goes. I told M he should look at getting me a graphics tablet for my birthday, but it really depends how expensive they are.

I'd also love a digita SLR camera, but I know that ain't gonna happen.

If you're curious the pic I did is this one:



(Larger version here.)

Politics: Better add in something informed about current debate. I find the current rift between the Libs and the Nationals to be hilarious, and the horrified denials about AWB from the government to be extremely suspicious (what's that expression that covers a person who instructs someone not to tell them something, so they can deny that they knew about it later? Mental blank).

And Tony Abbott (Health Minister) shouldn't be talking about his own personal morals when dealing with what should be a scientific issue concerning whether a drug is safe or not.

Comments:
"Plausible deniability." I remembered on the drive home! :)
 
Noice summary of the action at Cass' place.

I was playing Temple of Elemental Evil. I discovered this bug where if you successfully cast Suggestion on an enemy (who then joins your party for the duration), and they die, and you bring them back, they stay in your party as an ally.

I've been wanting to share that for some time and I figure you're one of the few people that won't look blankly at me or sneer when I do so.

I got Smigmal Rehand in my party. Take that geeks !
 
Strangely enough, the other day I went to your Deviant Art page and looked at all the goddies there. Some really nice stuff.
 
Those are some cool ideas, Mort! :)

Thanks, Capital Mum!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?