Sunday, January 01, 2006

Too Friggin Hot...

I think I'm dyin' here...

Today it got to 39oC (that's almost 103o Fahrenheit), and, worse, it spattered rain and now it's humid like the inside of a footballer's jockstrap after a game.

A couple of days ago we got so shitty with the heat (I was getting headaches and felt like I was wasting my holidays in a haze of painkillers) that we went to Harvey Norman and bought a portable airconditioner for a not-so-cheap $800. It's done something to reduce the temperature inside the house, but not to the point that I will be doing cartwheels or, you know, walking around much.

It's meant to cool down tomorrow, thank goodness.

It has been cool enough that I was able to work on Photoshop again. Ironically the picture I did was for a deviantART contest whose theme is "Ice and Snow" - there are a lot of winter theme contests running at the moment because that's the season in the northern hemisphere.

I did one I called "Lady Winter":



(Larger version here.)

Geez I wish I could sit my ass down on a snow covered mountain right now! ;)

Oh, and Happy New Year to everybody. M. and I went out to a friend's place for a BBQ and party type arrangement. It was good; hilarity but with no barfing or anything.

Of course, at 3am some stupid and very pissed teenagers who'd managed to wander away from their party and get lost started an argument on our neighbour's driveway. M. went out with phone in hand and sent them on their merry way by a liberal application of the word "cops". Yay!

Comments:
We did the exact same thing.

Totally worth it. Ahhh, icy pleasure.
 
I also bought M a snow cone machine (a glorified ice blender) which got a hell of a lot of use. Yum. We are now the proud owners of a number of different flavoured cordials, including lemon lime, apple, strawberry and watermelon, raspberry, and lime. :)
 
Snow cones ! How decadent. Just like the Romans. Only I think for them it was Larks Tongues.

Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes.

Wolf nipple chips. ...
 
...

Do cats have earlobes?
 
Nice image! My name is David and I am a photographer, and while I find myself quite talented with photoshop I have never done this sort of work. I love the tones on the figure, I would like to know more about how you did it.
 
@ David, do you mean the crystal effect on the skin?

I got a picture I took of an amethyst crystal, and then used the cloning tool to replicate it on a new layer of the picture, over the top of her skin. If I recall correctly, the layer was set on overlay (either that or soft light).

I also painted over her skin to turn it a faint blue.

Hope that helps! :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?