Thursday, December 29, 2005

Sydney Trip

It's been a while since I've updated this thing - what can I say, the silly season got the better of me. I also haven't watched the news in about a week so I am feeling very out of touch with the world.

A brief splat on what we've been up to (I'll do one blog post for each event, I figure)...

On 22st December M. and I drove up to Sydney for a two night visit. The primary reason was to go to M's grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary party on the Friday night (23rd), but we also caught up with some of Matt's friends, and various other family members.

Probably the most fun I had was over at the house of one of M's Socom buddies; we had a yummy barbeque and then all sat around and played poker, and a PS2 game called "Buzz". It's a music trivia game but has a game show format - you choose your contestant and then participate in a bunch of different kitchy games. It was fun though I came 3rd (out of 4) in both games we played. I was good at the part of the game where there's no time pressure to answer the questions but once we had the clock ticking I'd get flattened.

The anniversary itself was nice. They had a replica of the original wedding cake, and after they cut it they danced a waltz together. (Aww.) I had only met a few of the people there before, so it was a bit overwhelming, but I ran around with mum's very nice camera taking photos which was fun. I even danced a bit, which only served to remind me of how out of shape I am. M. wouldn't dance with me! :(

It was all very exhausting, and Sydney was very very hot. We tried to go to Paddy's markets in the morning on the 23rd, but it was closed! :(

When we got back I discovered that gummy lollies in a bag in a really hot car turn to liquid. Fortunately when the back of the bag split open the hot goo that was the lollies sealed it again straight away. :|

Comments:
I once ate an apple that had cooked on the backseat of the car window.

It was delicious !
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?