Thursday, December 29, 2005

Christmas and Boxing Days

On Sunday M and I went to my parents' house for a nice cosy lunch with them, my sister, both of my grandmothers, my three uncles, my cousin and one of my uncles' partners.

Uh huh.

There was much of the exchanging of gifts and the eating of the food. I felt guilty about the food the next day. Hell, I still feel guilty about it!

The present that wins the prize for me was from M - he got me the three Serentiy comics (they are set between the end of "Firefly" and the start of the "Serenity" movie); the entire Serenity collecters card set; and, best of all, an official memorabilia thingy of the movie which is a piece of Mal's brown cotton shirt. Squee! :D

Anyway, I discovered I still don't like my uncle's partner, R. She's got the tact of a hammer when impacted on a thumb; I think she does it deliberately to get a rise out of people. Fortunately they live down the coast so I don't have to see her more than once every few years. I also discovered that that same uncle has turned into an old man since the last time I saw him - he spent a great deal of time telling me how the internet and mobile phones were evil. It was a bit bizarre; he's my dad's younger brother and I remember him being the hip one when I was a teenager.

And my cousin (who is about 8) has grown a mullet. :(

On Boxing Day ... more food! What a surprise! This time a BBQ at P's house. TechnoHorror and CapitalMum were there (and Baby Bob), as well as M and L. Again, the food was good. And P has airconditioning in his house. I approve on all fronts.

The day after M and I went to Woden to spend all of the vouchers we were given (he scored big time there; $180 total compared to my paltry $30). And since them we've been playing Warcraft 3 networked. A lot.

Until today, that is, when M's PC got attacked by the bitch virus queen from hell. He's trying to get the data off it so he can reformat as I write this. I got all motivated to update my virus checker, but it turns out the new version needs Windows 2000 or XP and I currently still have 98. Doh!

Comments:
The problem with World of Warcraft is the whole monthly fee to play thing. I am too cheap to pay for the game and then have to pay extra to be able to play it!
 
What sort of character do you play? A hero? Is it $15 per character or could I potentially have more than one? Just curious... :)
 
I presume they have safeguards to stop me from paying $15 and then letting my partner play with one or more of my characters?
 
Can you scrape DNA off that shirt I wonder?
 
I have no self-control, and you're right, it's highly addictive...

Server: Proudmore
Character: Swiftspring (Night Elf)

Server: Windrunner
Character: Nightpelt (Tauren)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?