Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Waiting for Santa


I took a photo of Jinx last night and prettied it up for submission to deviantART. Thought that you guys might be interested in seeing what a darling she is!

I called the pic "Waiting for Santa" because of the slightly long-suffering look on her face. I took about a dozen photos in the space of five minutes to try and get this picture, and this is the only one where she's looking at the camera - she wouldn't sit still.

Never work with children or animals!

If you want to see a larger version of the pic, look here.

Comments:
Oooh what a cute dog! What kind is it?
 
She's a black and tan terrier pup. We got her from the RSPCA so that's all we know. I've heard lots of different theories of what she might be, but the most common is some sort of terrier/German Shepherd cross. :)
 
What were the bits that got added? The sparkle stuff?

I must know !
 
Good on you for getting her from the RSPCA... at least with a mongrel puppy they're hardy: you know she's not going to drop dead of some genetic heart defect or diabetes caused by too much inbreeding.

And she's beautiful, to boot!
 
Oh she is good enough to eat....
we'll have to come over and meet her in person.
 
Nah, Mikey, I took a photo of her sitting in a pile of tinsel, on a white blanket. Of course, the white blanket came out sort of grey, so I played with the levels/contrast to make it actually white, and then I fixed the red-eye.

Sarah, the problem with getting dogs from the RSPCA is that they make you jump through all sorts of hoops - an interview, a yard inspection, etc. It's quite trying. They also desex them really young (she was done at 10 weeks). But she's cute, so it was worth it.
 
Adorable! I can see why people see German Shepherd in her.

...how would you go about breeding a shepherd/terrier cross, anyways? Some sort of stepladder arrangement?
 
When I was a kid we had a Pomeranian/Red Setter cross dog. The mother was a Red Setter. When I queried my mother on the practicalities, she said that the female dogs are known to lie down to make it easier for the males... :|
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?