Friday, November 04, 2005

Tagged - Food Quiz

I got tagged by Mikey with the food quiz. This time it's specific questions...

1. What's your favourite food of all time?

Fresh mangoes. Or fresh mango smoothies. Mmm.

2. What's your favourite comfort food?

Lindt milk chocolate.

3. What's the most you've ever spent on a dinner per person?

I don't remember. Probably $100, but I don't often spend more than $50.

4. What's your favourite gourmet food?

FRESH OYSTERS!

... do they count as gourmet?

5. What's your favourite non-alcoholic beverage?

See question one. But I am also a fan of some coffees, and peach flavoured iced tea. Lipton brand please.

6. What, if any, foods are you allergic to?

Does being nauseated by liver (lamb's fry - urk!) count?

7.What food do you hate the most?

See question 6. Also McDonalds burgers.

8. Do you eat meat?

Yes.

9. What is the earliest food you remember eating?

I remember making a vegemite and jam sandwhich for myself as an experiment, and when I found out how nasty it tasted, I tried to make my little sister eat it! >:)

10. What is the last thing you ate?

A white role with smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber on it. I got cucumber because I don't like the lettuce they use in the canteen.

11. What's the last thing you ate that made you vomit?

Last time something I ingested made me vomit was red wine. But I'd just eaten a nice roast dinner, so that made me sad. :(

I don't think food has ever made me sick on its own - not without some other cause.

12. What's your favourite kind of pie?

Umm. Anything with berries in it.

13. What's the last thing you cooked?

Lasagne. From the shops.

If pre-made food doesn't count, then it'd be pancakes.

14. What is the weirdest thing you have eaten?

I chew straws. Drinking straws, not the "I found it in a haystack" kind.

15. Have you ever had food poisoning?

Nope.

16. Favourite cheese?

The one with the little bits of pickled onion in it. *drools*

17. How do you like your eggs?

Soft poached. I am now disillusioned because I've been told that soft eggs are a potential source of avian influenza... so if we start getting the bird flu in Australia I will have to start eating hard eggs. Ew.

18. What cuisine do you crave RIGHT NOW?

Really hanging out for some fresh oysters actually... *shakes fist at question four*

19. How far have you travelled just to get a certain food?

To Bateman's Bay (so about a two hour drive). For cheap fresh oysters from the fish n chip shop there.

Of course, we went to the beach too, but that wasn't my primary motivation for going...

20. If you were to be eaten, how would you like to be served?

In a manner that didn't involve slow cooking in any way.

Comments:
Mmmm mangoes... they have just started appearing in the supermarkets, but so far I've managed to resist forking out $4 for a single, smallish fruit... #!%$@£ highway robbery, but I know I'll give in sooner or later!
 
M keeps talking me into buying "just one" for myself when we go grocery shopping. The first one I ate was divine, and the second one was bitter and very disappointing. I hope that isn't going to be a trend...
 
It's always the way. What I want to know is, why are Oyster's considered aphrodisiacs? Is it cause they look like ... er ... you know?
 
Maybe because they are expensive and therefore a man who buys them for a woman despite their cost is immediately more attractive in her eyes?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?