Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Times, They Are Changing

Two weeks ago I had to put a new battery in my watch, which I've had for maybe ten years. All seemed well until last Friday, when it stopped again. Given that the watch was fresh, this didn't bode well for my trusty old Pulsar.

After some consideration, I decided that I might as well get a new watch. I shopped around and settled on something similar to the watch pictured to the left - it has a slightly different band and face, but this was the closest I could find in a quick ten minute Google.

I like the new watch, and every time I see it I get that "ooh, a shiny new watch on my wrist" reaction, but... I'm feeling a bit weird about the old watch. Think about it - a wristwatch is something that you wear almost everywhere with you. It's there for work and for play, it even goes on holidays with you (my watch wasn't that well travelled but imagine how much sightseeing the watches of people who make regular overseas visits would get in).

I know it may seem a bit weird, but I am a bit wistful about my old watch. I haven't thrown it away yet. I wonder how long before I will?

Comments:
Not really. After all, I just confessed to something very similar.

Of course I have to say it doesn't make you lame, or I'd be saying I was lame too...
 
I don't wear a watch because I get sweaty and the rubbing of metal on trapped secretions causes an unpleasant stink.

I do however wear a small clock on my lanyard (pass holder) that when I look at it I look like the white Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.

Or flava flave of course :)

Hey when digital watches came out, did you ever try resetting them ? I'd lunge at people, jam my fat fingers around the buttons and jab them in at one hit. It usually did the trick.

And I wonder near 20 years later why I had virtually no friends...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?